Tips for creating a low stress appointment
We want you to be at ease during your appointment. There are quite a few things that can be done to do this:
- Leave plenty of time to get to your appointment on time, plan on arriving at least 10 minutes early.
- Feel free to bring your own ipod or mp3 player as listening to your own music is a fantastic distraction while we take care of your dental needs.
- Sunglasses and blankets are available at your request.
- Very anxious patients can benefit from the calming effects of nitrous oxide gas (laughing gas). Breathing nitrous oxide mixed with oxygen is a safe and effective way to reduce anxiety for children and fearful adults.
- If your child has a security blanket or toy, bring it with and let them hold it in the chair so they have something familiar in the room.
- Placing a small dab of lavender scent behind the ear is often a soothing smell, and will hide the normal "smell" of the dental office.
Please let us know if you have any special needs or concerns, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Our goal is always to create as comforting of an environment as we can for our patients.